Search in blog

Monday 23 June 2014

Faster computer or more secure computer?

I hear this all the time. "My computer is slow." "Ok, do you want a fast and more secure computer, you can not have both."

Do this:

  1. Turn off automatic updates.
    Control Panel > Windows Update > Change settings
  2. You have 4 choices. But do not choose the first thing that is "recomended". I personally have the last one "Is not recomended." I want to Update when I have a problem otherwise never.
  3. Uninstall all "Security Updates" (See Image)
    Control Panel > Programs and settings > Show updates
    (OBS if you want to install Windows 8.1 dont uninstall the security updates that got KBxxxxx80-89 numbers, you need them.)
  4. You might have 190 Updates so it takes a few hours. But afterwards, the computer goes faster. (When you are about to uninstall and it asks you to reboot, do not. Reboot when finished.)

No comments:

Post a Comment